Simulation: the laboratory of tomorrow
With simulation, designs can be thoroughly analysed and optimized at an early stage of development. Weaknesses in
the design can be specifically targeted and eliminated, thus reducing the need for costly change procedures. Simulation
offers an insight into the underlying physics and leads to a deeper understanding not possible simply by carrying out
The Switzerland Innovation Park Biel/Bienne offers a number of analytical services for inspection of chemical substances for purity and content, inner structure of battery modules, real time inspection of solder joints and electronic components and more.
General Chemical Analytical Services
FT-IR (Fourier Transform-Infrared) and UV-Vis (Ultraviolet-visible) spectrometry can be used to analyze the chemical content and purity of substances of interest (liquid & solid). The spectrometers obtain absorption and emission data of a substance as high-spectral-resolution data is simultaneously collected over a wide spectral range. According to the resulting spectra conclusions can be made about the quality of the substance of interest.
- Static and dynamic calculations
- Linear and nonlinear calculations
- Natural frequencies, harmonic analysis
- Material substitution / lightweight construction
- Topology optimization (e.g. weight reduction)
- Stress analysis according to FKM guideline
- Steady-state and transient CFD calculations taking into account thermal effects (e.g. fan / cooling optimization)
- Plastics, metals, rubber, die casting
- Injection moulding simulation (optimization process, gate mark, filling, dwell pressure, distortion, cooling, parting lines, blowholes, material build-ups, fibre orientation)